Tourism HR Department
Tourism HR Canada Tourism HR Department was established in 2006. Tourism HR Department is an arm of the Tourism Industry Association of Prince Edward Island (TIAPEI). It is an independent industry driven organization which provides leadership in the development of the tourism industry’s workforce and HR development needs and provides a neutral forum for industry representatives and stakeholders to discuss HR related challenges and concerns within tourism and propose solutions. It is comprised of industry representatives representing various industry sectors, geographic regions, employers, employees, federal and provincial governments.
The role of the Tourism HR Department:
- Define human resource issues;
- Facilitate school-to-work transitions;
- Develop strategies for recruiting and retaining workers;
- Identify current and anticipated skills shortages;
- Develop sector career awareness strategies;
- Support the development of occupational standards;
- Develop strategies to promote the workplace as a learning place; and
- Influence policy development which can have human resource effects on sectors through consultation with government policy makers. (Note that this is different from lobbying activity which is most appropriately left to the sector representatives with the appropriate mandate.)
This project and the Choosetourism.ca website is funded in whole or in part by the Canada/Prince Edward Island Labour Market Development Agreement.
TIAPEI HR Department
Industry Human Resources Coordinator
Design and Marketing Manager
Job Fair Coordinator